The spirit of service joins us together.
The Spirit of IU calls us to help others whenever we can. The chapter sponsors a wide range of volunteer activities that help benefit our community, the IU Alumni Association, and the university as a whole.
We love living in this community and want to do everything we can to give back. Our chapter strives to answer the call of the Spirit of IU by supporting many on-campus and community not-for-profit organizations.
Some examples of organizations that we have partnered with in the past include:
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank (annual tailgate/food drive)
- Teachers Warehouse (annual game-watching party/school supply drive)
- Backstreet Missions (toy drive)
- WTIU Public Television
- IU Mini Marathon (benefiting the Bill Z. Littlefield Scholarship for Survivors)
- Hoosiers Outrun Cancer (benefiting the Olcott Cancer Center)
- Jill Behrman Run for the Endzone (benefiting Jill’s House and the Jill Behrman Emerging Leaders Scholarship Fund)
- Adopt-A-Road (we clean our “adopted” road four times a year)
- Monroe County YMCA Fall Run (raising scholarships at the YMCA)
- IU Blood Donor Challenge
- IU Habitat for Humanity
- Bowl for Kids’ Sake (benefiting Big Brothers/Big Sisters of South Central Indiana)
- Psi Iota Xi Arts of the Table (benefiting Jill’s House)
- American Cancer Society
Share your ideas with us.
If there is an organization or agency that you would like us to get involved with, or if you would like to get more involved with our community service efforts, contact email@example.com.