B-Town is our town.
Many of us came to IU as students and fell in love with the campus and the community. Now, as alumni, we call Bloomington home. The Monroe County chapter is your way to stay connected to IU, through alumni chapter events and programs throughout the year. In addition to social activities, we have a unique opportunity because of our proximity to the university to shape the future of the university’s relationship with the community. Our activities include:
- Promoting the university and recruiting students
- Sponsoring community and campus service projects
- Offering continuing education opportunities
- Hosting social functions for alumni living in and around Monroe County
- Providing alumni with local member benefits at area retailers
- Serving as a resource for information about campus-based activities
Get involved with the Young Alumni Group.
Calling all recent IU grads! Did you stay in B-Town after graduation or decide to come back because you love this communty? The Young Alumni Group is the perfect way to meet, socialize, and network with other recent grads. Our group of IU graduates ages 35 and under gets together for various events including tailgates, happy hours, networking and professional events, and more. If you are a member of the IUAA, there is no additional charge to be a part of the Young Alumni Group.
If you are interested in becoming more involved with the Young Alumni Group, contact us so we can add you to the contact list.