Be a Career Advisor
Shape an IU student’s future.
You know the value of a strong network. As a career advisor, you can help current students and recent graduates prepare for the workplace, make valuable contacts, and benefit from your experience.
Your commitment will fit your busy schedule. Your advice will be invaluable. And your impact will help a young person get a truly great start on the future.
What does being a career advisor entail?
As a career advisor, you might:
- Help IU alumni and students explore a specific career, industry, or company
- Review a résumé
- Identify additional contacts and/or networking ideas
- Give a mock interview
- Help with relocation information
You aren’t asked to:
- Provide employment opportunities
- Interview advisees for positions
- Commit to extended communication
To explore mentoring opportunities, please e-mail IU Alumni Career Services.
Also, you’re invited to join our LinkedIn group—the IUAA Career Advice Network—to answer questions and network online.