Your child’s success is important to us, too.
From recruitment through Commencement, the IUAA and its volunteers take an active role in making sure your child has access to as many opportunities as possible. Here are a few ways you can help.
Before your child gets to IU
- Find out how you and your child can meet with an alumni recruiter in your area.
- Learn about IUAA-funded scholarship opportunities and how your child can apply.
- Attend a We Are IU! event, so you and your child can meet IU administration and alums and see why IU is an extraordinary university.
- Attend a Destination IU event, so you and your child can meet other IU parents, students, and alums. This event is another great opportunity to ask questions before your student begins attending one of IU’s campuses.
- Become an IUAA member as a friend and supporter. You don’t have to be an IU graduate to join. We welcome parents to join us as part of our extended IU family.
While your child is an IU student
- Encourage him/her to participate in leadership development.
- Give him/her the gift of an SAA membership.
- Encourage him/her to take part in our events and traditions—they’re great ways to network and make new friends.
- Become an IUAA member as a friend and supporter, even if you’re not an IU graduate.
- As graduation approaches, encourage your child to attend their campus’ senior festivities to celebrate his/her accomplishments and have some fun.
After your child graduates
- Remind him/her that they’re entitled to a free, one-year membership in the IUAA.
- Help him/her form an instant community wherever they go next by encouraging him/her to join a local IU alumni chapter.
- Encourage her/her to attend IU events.
- Give him/her the ultimate graduation gift: a lifetime IUAA membership.
- Become an IUAA member as a friend and supporter—because you’re as much a part of the IU family as your new graduate!